wild plums, plum crisp, gluten free, farm to table
Gluten free, Farm to Table
Wild Plum Crisp
prep time: 10 Mcook time: 40 Mtotal time: 50 M
A deliciously satisfying way to use a bounty of wild plums.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup 1:1 Gluten free Baking Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
How to cook Wild Plum Crisp
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Wash and pit plums*.
- Mix plums with 1 Tbs of GF flour and honey.
- Pour fruit mixture into a greased 7x5 inch pan.
- Stir oats, flour, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Cut up butter into 1/4 sections and add to dry mixture using your hands to incorporate until all ingredients clump together.
- Add crumble toppings over the fruit.
- Bake 40 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes and serve.
This recipe yields roughly two servings with a heavy emphasis on the crumble top. You can easily double or triple the fruit filling and adjust the crumble top to your liking.
*Wild plums are a clingstone fruit-meaning the pits don't easily separate from the flesh. I sliced mine in half and squeezed out the pits over the bowl. It's messy but it works.
Make this a farm to table dessert by using local plums, local honey, and local butter if you have access to it.